Thursday, February 01, 2007

SCHOOL UPDATE



“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.“ Hippocrates

(Yea, sorry dudes, Ramen & Cheese Burgers – not really medicine)

Before I tell ya'll about my first week of school let me just tell you that I have the best roommate/friend/partner in crime/Doobie Sister around! I open the fridge yesterday afternoon to find fresh APPLE-CARROT-GINGER JUICE GOODNESS! I love this stuff! I took a little drink...but when she gets home she tells me I have a whole 32 oz container to myself!!! I got a little vaklempt and almost schmutzed myself (yea, I know..very lady-like)...Anyway, I'm at work right now drinking the stuff uo and had to give her a shout! Thanks again, B.Wrekka! OPRAH GIRLFRIEND!

Anyway...I started Spring semester this week and so far I'm super-excited about this semester. I definitely think it'll be less stressful than last fall.

This is what I have going on:

Trend Forecasting – I'm hoping this class will help me with my internship/job in street wear. Also, having a non-graphic design class may keep me sane this semester. Sounds fun so far. I cringed at the thought of being in a room full of fashion design girly-girls...but they're alright and there's another graphic design cat in there.

The Power of Myth & Symbol – One of the best teacher at the Academy teaches this class. He's uncensored and the word 'taboo' is not in his vocabulary. He's amazing (more about him later). I took The Power of Signs (aka Semiotics) with him a few semesters back. His classes always blow my mind. My third eye is wide open!

Typography3 - We'll be making a book for this class. The subject is up to us. We looked at the books previous classes have made and they're mad intimidating...but I'm excited to make this book! It'll look good in my portfolio. I have to present 3 concepts next week for this project.

Print1 - I was dreading this class...I have this instructor who I've had for 3 semesters in a row (including this semester) but she's got some exciting stuff lined up for us to do (book jackets, posters for a cause, and a sustainable design project). There's only 6 people in that class, too. I walked out of there feeling inspired and creative. I wasn't expecting that...maybe it was just the St. John's Wort I took, haha.

Hope you're all Happy & Healthy!

"If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living." Gail Sheehy

PEACE OUT!

No comments: