Friday, March 16, 2007

ERIK'S MUSIC



What inspires me? People.

I've been fortunate enough to meet people at the Academy of Art that are as passionate about design as I am. They make going to class exciting. I look forward to sharing my ideas with these people knowing that they are as excited to grow creatively as I am.

Last semester I grew to know a designer you should all watch out for. His name is Erik and he was born and raised in Texas. We had a couple of classes together before last semester and I gotta say this guy's stuff has grown to intimidate me, haha. He might not think so but he pays a lot of attention to detail and has pulled out a lot of strong projects.

Anyway, aside from being a great designer Erik's also a musician and yo this cat can make some dope tracks! He put up a few tracks that him and a friend worked on using a Les Paul and GarageBand. He did the beats and mixed everything down. I have to say I was very impressed! This was their first run and these track are good.

Check them out for yourselves on Erik's Blog (My favorite's the second one...but they're all dope!): I Usually Dont Impose

These tracks below are dedicated to Erik cause he's the biggest Beck fan I know but you're all welcome to download them. :)

Dark Star (Dave Sitek from TVOTR Remix).mp3 (5.7 MB)

Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime (JoolsMF Remix).mp3 (6.66 MB)

Enjoy!

No comments: