Saturday, March 10, 2007

LOVE IS...

...the book I just finished reading: Love is a Mix Tape: Life & Loss, One Song at a Time by Rob Sheffield. It took me a week...and what a wonderful week it was! It was filled with emotions and laughs and it ruled my life (I took this book EVERYWHERE!)...I even slowed down toward the end because I didn't want it to end. At the same time, I was excited to pass it on to my roommate, Bekka. I need someone to talk to about this book, damnit! So, yea...it's in her hands now...and she's a fast reader. I can't wait!

I do have to say, I don't really recommend this book to those who don't have a strong connection with the '90s (people under the age of 20). Most of the book takes place during that era. It took me back! I even, subconsciously, bought a sweater similar to the one that Kurt Cobain wears on the MTV Unplugged video (Yep, I named that sweater "Cobain.")

I could say so much about this book but I'm not a great writer...Rob Sheffield is.
So don't take my word for it. If you dig music, read this book.

No comments: